I love Youtube videos where beauty bloggers talk about what products they have been using recently, and whether they would recommend them or not. It’s like reading reviews on a product you are thinking about buying; it means I don’t have to try it myself to find out how it works, but also it means that I can get ideas on new things I might want for myself!
So without further ado, here are the products that I’ve been using this month, and my thoughts…
- The Body Shop Camomile Eye Make-Up Remover: I’ve been using this for as long as I can remember now. I really honestly cannot remember what I used to use before I discovered this magical product; nor can I remember how I stumbled across it in the first place. Suffice to say that, before this bottle had even been emptied, a replacement was waiting in my cupboard. It’s so soothing and gentle – although I have recommended this to two friends, both of whom have not gotten along with it at all! So I think maybe this is a kind of try-it-and-see product. Which I am aware is totally not helpful to people reading this blog…
- The Body Shop Seaweed Oil-Balancing Clay Mask: Another favourite product. I saw VelvetGh0st using this on her blog about a year ago and purchased a pot. My life was changed. As someone who has oily skin, this really makes a difference. I use it once a week, and I use a hot flannel to take it off. I tried going to once a month but the difference was noticeable and I found that the mask started to dry out in the pot 😕 hence, #facemasksaturdays.
- St Moriz Medium Tanning Mist: I have tried a long, long list of self-tanners. In fact, I could probably write an entire blog just about that one product. My skin is quite sensitive to UV rays, which means I don’t tan naturally particularly well. Sunbeams also don’t particularly work for me (plus, there is the added danger of skin cancer…) so I settled on being able to fake tan myself. And I’ve gotten pretty damn good at it. My self-tan method of choice, after a lot of testing, is a dry spray. And St Moriz is my brand of choice. It’s more pigmented than St Tropez or Boots’ own brand, it’s less splatter-y than Bondi Sands, and it’s a lot cheaper than Garnier. We have a winner. I am currently using up the Boots spray tan, but once that’s gone I’ll be straight back to St Moriz. Oh, and the mousse is also excellent for an instant result (i.e. an unexpected night out 😊)
- Champneys Skin-Comforting Shower Cream: This was a gift from a friend, so I didn’t actually purchase it, but I have enjoyed using it. It’s quite a thick shower cream, with a lovely scent to it. It does feel luxurious, and it came with a candle of the same scent, which I enjoyed! I always get a lot of shower gels and creams for birthdays and Christmas, which means I never really have to buy them for myself. But if I do I tend to buy Soap and Glory, because I LOVE the smell. So I probably wouldn’t buy this again for myself – especially because it isn’t cheap.
- The Body Shop Instablur: This is another product which I had a refill of before it had even been emptied 😊 As I mentioned above, I have oily skin. This really mattifies my skin and blurs the (very visible, thank you nature) pores on my cheeks. I tend to wear this on its own, and I find it lasts the whole day at work and I don’t start to look remotely shiny until the evening. I wholeheartedly recommend this, and a friend who works for the Body Shop recently told me about the new CC cream, which is apparently a mixture of the Instablur and a concealer… this sounds amazing, so if anyone has tried it please let me know what you think!
- Last but not least, the Aurelia Miracle Cleanser: I loved using this, and even though I replaced it with a very lovely product, I’m still mourning the loss slightly. This is so creamy and luxurious, it smells like a day at the spa, and it seriously made my skin glow. I would 100% buy this again immediately… if it didn’t cost £38. I just cannot justify spending that on a facial cleanser. But, if a large chunk of money does come my way in the near future, assume that everything I just said never happened 😂
That’s it from me! I seem to get more views and likes on blogs about beauty, especially reviews, and they are so fun to write 😊