My view from yesterday morning – the last photo I took in 2015. Here are some other facts about my year. Enjoy!
The 3 greatest things which happened this year
- We booked our wedding in Antigua for August 2016! Confirming that we were going to get married in one of the most beautiful places on the earth, in the company of family and close friends, was a great feeling.
- One of my oldest and best friends married her fiancé (and boyfriend of 10 years). I was involved in the planning and the preparation and I was honoured to walk down the aisle before her as a bridesmaid. It was one of the best days of my life, never mind hers!
- I took a trip to Berlin with my mum. I’ve been to Berlin twice before on quick trips (I teach German and French, so I’ve spent a lot of time in the country! In fact I lived in North Germany for a year. Read all about that here), but never done all of the touristy stuff. Mum had never been there before, and it was such a nice trip! I had such a lovely time and it was nice to take her all the cool places which we might not had known about if I hadn’t a) thoroughly researched our trip (in fact she said I planned it like a military operation, which I took as a compliment) and b) spoken German. It was one of my favourite holidays of all time!
The thing I’m most proud of from 2015
- This is hard… I’m not often proud of myself to be honest. I suppose I’m proud to have such amazing friends and family who want me to be a part of their lives… is that OK? I suppose I played a part in that somehow – they wouldn’t want me around if I weren’t nice. Or something. NEXT…
A great lesson I’ve learned in 2015
- That I am in charge of my own feelings. It’s taken me 27 years to learn that, and I still forget it frequently. But I’ve tried really hard this year to not let things upset me, and to be positive no matter how bad things get.
Something I need to do less of in 2016
- Be nasty about people. Seriously, it’s hard not to be a bitch (especially in ajob where I’m often surrounded by women who can be very bitchy!) but I need to steer clear of being drawn in to gossip. If you can’t say anything nice…
One thing I need to do more of in 2016
- Go a bit easier on myself. Be positive and don’t let things outside of my control upset me. Also look after my body a bit better… less chocolate and more gym!
Something I need to stop doing in 2016
- Biting my nails! Ugh!
A goal I would like to achieve in 2016
- Improve my performance at work, while keeping a healthy work-life balance and keeping up my blog! I’d like to achieve these things because my life will be easier and more pleasant if things are going well at work, and I love writing so blogging is a way of keeping that up.
The smartest decision I made in 2015
- Getting married abroad. 100% less stress and angst than I’ve seen all of my engaged friends going through right now. Obviously this wasn’t only my decision…
One sentence that sums up 2015
- Filled with love from friends and family 🙂 ❤
I challenge anyone who reads this to answer these questions and post the link in the comments – I’d love to read how other people sum up their last year!