It’s a quick one from me tonight because I’m SO tired! Day 1 of the bikini diet went OK… ish! I struggled with no snacking after tea, especially now my portion sizes have significantly downsized! So I couldn’t help but eat a mini dark chocolate bar while I watched The Island.
Which brings me to the point of my blog: What’s on my TV.
I always say, when people ask, that I don’t watch a lot of TV. But when you look at what I have on series record on my TV, I feel this may be a slight lie! Here’s a roundup of the TV that I can’t live without!
1. Revenge. I’ve watched this from the start and I’m still hooked. I feel this series has taken a turn away from what the show was originally about, but so far I’m still watching so it can’t be bad! If you like action with beautiful people and some kick-ass girl power, this might be for you.
2. Made in Chelsea. Guilty pleasure. The people on this show come across as dumb, selfish and immature. I don’t think they actually are for a moment – it’s one of these ‘some scenes have been created for your entertainment’ TV shows, and sometimes the editing is so bad it’s hysterical. But I have to say, a small part of me watches this just so I can catch a glimpse of the kind of lifestyle I could have if I were born the heir of a biscuit company.
3. The Vampire Diaries. Another series that I’ve watched from the beginning and love. This has romance, scary monsters, evil twins, gory blood-everywhere scenes and more besides. I think the soundtrack to this is also amazing though, which isn’t exactly why I watch it, but it certainly helps.
4. Bear Grylls: The Island. When I was a teenager I watched Shipwrecked. This is a bit like the grown up version. It upsets me that the women are not doing as well as the men currently, but if I were there I imagine I would spend the entire time crying because I was hungry and refusing to eat boar. If you like seeing people put to the test and lots of arguments, with a backdrop of white sands and Palm trees, this is for you!
5. Neighbours. Another guilty pleasure. I always like to say that I’ve been watching this show since before I was born, since my mum used to watch it when she was pregnant with me. I think that’s why I love it so much. No matter what is going on in my life, I can always watch a bit of Neighbours and feel good that at least I’m not trapped down a well or falling in love with a boy who I will later find out is my brother.
6. Casualty. I watch this for research purposes. You never know when you might need to know the difference between tachycardia and bradycardia. Or how to perform a tracheotomy with a biro. Friends, feel safe in the knowledge that I am here to save your life whenever you need me.
7. Jane the Virgin. I mentioned this one on my favourites blog, but it’s a comedy about a girl who is saving herself for marriage, and how she is accidentally impregnated by her OBGYN. It’s in the style of of a telenovela, which makes it all the more hilarious!
8. Anzac girls. This is a new one, I have only seen the first episode and it reminded me of a cross between Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey, and Casualty. So far so good!
That turned out to be an extensive list so I will say goodnight for now! What’s your favourite TV show(s) of the moment?